Tremaine Green COVID-19 Policy
As of 12 April 2021 (Reviewed at monthly intervals & on changes in government policy)
This policy is designed to mitigate the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus at Tremaine Green Country Cottages. It has been drawn up to raise awareness of the steps that can be taken to mitigate the spread of the virus and the procedures required to achieve this.
All individuals are responsible for following government COVID-19 guidance and laws.
- New & continuous Cough
- High Temperature
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of, or change in your normal sense of smell & Taste.
Personal precautions to be taken:
- Hand hygiene is the first and most important line of defence.
- Like cold and flu bugs, it is believed this virus is spread via droplets when a person coughs or sneezes. The droplets land on surfaces and are picked up on the hands of others and spread further. People catch the virus when they touch their infected hands to their mouth, nose or eyes.
- It follows that the single most important thing they can do to protect themselves is to keep their hands clean by washing them frequently with soap and water, following the recommended guidelines, or using a hand sanitising gel.
- Key times to wash or sanitise hands: On arrival at work, on departing each cottage and on departure from work, after using the bathroom, touching face or blowing your nose, changing clothes, after using shared equipment.
- Try to avoid touching mouth, nose or eyes.
- Keep the (2-meter) recommended distance from others, where possible, if not wear a facemask / covering and always do so in public indoor areas.
- A maximum of 6-persons allowed at social gatherings, or in a cottage, or as national and regional policy permits.
- Those from Tier 3 'Very High Risk' areas or national equivalents, should not stay overnight in lower risk areas, and should not travel out of their area, as per government guidance: It is the duty of customers to inform Tremaine Green Country Cottages, to discuss their cancellation options.
Use Track & Trace QR codes or provide written detail for / by all guests over 16-years old & all staff on arrival. QR Code behind cottage front door.
Masures for Tremaine Green Guests and staff to reduce risk of spreading Coronavirus:
- Staff or guests who are exhibiting symptoms or who have any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 10-days must isolate at home and not come on site. They should follow NHS guidelines. See Annex A.
Entrance to Office, Cleaners cupboard and Laundry room:
- 'Keep Your Distance' markers in place outside Office and Information point.
- Hand sanitiser provided in the office foyer. To be used by all visitors to the office.
- All staff to wash hands on arrival. Handwash soap provided in the laundry room for staff with paper towels and refuse bin.
- Signage will be displayed to remind all visitors and staff to comply with use of sanitiser and social distancing guidelines.
All communal toys and equipment have been removed from public areas. The play area is open but with restricted numbers and access, with hand sanitisation and adult supervision required.
As regards using the facilities, guests are to follow the restrictions that apply in the area they have come from:
- The barbecue area is closed. Portable barbecues are available,
- The Games room is closed until at least 17 May 2021.
- Putters will be issued and returned from the office & cleaned between users.
- The DVD library is not available.
- Laundry Room: will be closed from Saturday to Tuesday mid-day (due to dirty laundry being left for 72-hours). Access during this period is by key available from the office.
- Signage will be displayed in the staff toilet, laundry room and cleaner's cupboard, re- hand washing routines with reminders of social distancing guidance and wearing of facemasks / shields in public indoor spaces. Maximum group gatherings of 6 persons.
- The cleaners are to follow and complete the new cleaning schedule and check list which will be left in the cottage. In accordance with our new procedures.
- The Welcome Folder contains essential information as well as contact information and procedures on infection control and reporting.
- Anti-bacterial & viral spray, paper towelling and anti-viral hand wash provided in each cottage.
- All clean laundry is only to be handled with clean gloves or cleaned hands.
- Beds to be stripped by departing guests: Do not shake.
- Dirty laundry to be left in laundry room to stand for 72 hours prior to packing. (Tuesday morning for Saturday change overs).
Access to Office:
- Entrance into the office will only be for the owners and the secretary.
- Guests able to come to the stable door, with face coverings worn.
- Staff pay will be done one at a time or in family groups from the office foyer.
Cleaning Schedule for Office:
- The Office door and information point door will be sanitised each morning on staff arrival.
- Cleaning: all touch points, walls, windows (where they can be touched) handrails, switches, doors and handles, floors, bathrooms (all touchpoints). All cleaning with anti-viral cleaning products, cleaning equipment sterilised where possible or thrown away.
- Cleaning Staff. PPE provided by Tremaine Green: face mask, gloves & apron (disposable).
- Guests: Guests will be responsible for providing their own PPE.
- Staff working and Guests staying at Tremaine Green will be provided with the COVID-19 policy document.
- Guests are responsible for following all Government guidance and rules, in particular on mixed family groups and in following the definition of a 'support Bubble'. Those found to be deliberately breaking these rules will have their booking cancelled without a refund.
Departure & Arrival:
- Guests to ventilate cottage for a minimum of 1-hour prior to departure.
- Arrival and departure times have changed to allow for ventilation and extra cleaning:
- Arrival: 4.30pm
- Departure: 9.30am
This policy is designed to mitigate the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus at Tremaine Green Country Cottages.
ACTION ON SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED CASE OF COVID-19
- Reported infection by track & trace system.
- Reported infection from customer, host or member of staff.
- All members of staff and guests on site are to be informed of incident. Notify Track and trace team: Phone 111.
- If a Guest suspects they may have COVID-19 they must immediately self-isolate and request a test. They must inform Tremaine Green management. If they are confirmed to have COVID-19, they should return home. Guests must follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection.
- To request a COVID-19 test go to: https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.
- Guests should return home in accordance with: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance.
- Decontamination on departure: If possible, leave for 72-hours with windows open. In accordance with NHS guidance where there is a suspected case of COVID-19 in a non-healthcare environment: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
- Additional anti-viral spray provided along with additional paper towelling.