Vehicular access is by the Lansallos highway off the B3359 between the villages of Pelynt and Lanreath. There are two driveways into Tremaine Green with a car parking space near each cottage, some of which are covered. Overflow car parking is in a designated car park 50 meters from the centre of the Green. The internal roads of Tremaine Green are of bound bitumen macadam and with some loose surface gravel.
The nearest bus stop is in the village of Pelynt 1 mile distant. The nearest train station is at Looe some 4.5 miles distant (10 minutes by taxi). Our nearest Airports are Newquay, Plymouth and Exeter (all 40 minutes or more away by taxi). The area is well served by taxis.
The cottages of Tremaine Green vary in age of construction from 1640’s to 1980’s. As such the buildings are designed to the criteria and requirements of those times. Investigation into changing the cottages to achieve the various levels of mobility access under the Visit Britain criteria have been made; a cost appraisal found much non-effective.
The site of Tremaine Green is not on level ground, but on a small gradient from West to North–East. All cottages have a front door step or a step to directly access them. Cottage access details are as follows:
- The Mariner’s and Gardener's one-bedroom cottages are the only cottages that are bungalows with all the floors at the same level, however both have a front door step. An acress ramp is available for the Mariner's cottages. Neither cottage has the floor area to meet disabled grading criteria.
- The Cobbler’s and Gamekeeper’s cottages can be accessed on level ground through their French windows. However these cottages are conventional in layout with the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs.
- The Tinner’s cottage can be accessed over its front lawn on level ground. Downstairs in this 3-bedroom cottage is a small bunkroom and a small shower-bathroom as well as the kitchen-dinning room, the lounge is upstairs.
- The Housekeeper’s one-bedroom cottage is accessible over its level front lawn; however, the bedroom and bathroom are upstairs.
- The 1760's Ploughman's cottage has an ensuite double bedroom downstairs along with the porch, livingroom and kitchen.
- The 1640’s Farmhouse has a downstairs bathroom and three bedrooms upstairs up a narrow winding staircase. There is an ensuite shower bathroom in the double bedroom.
- The remaining cottages all have upstairs bathrooms, accessed by stairs.
Should an enquirer have a particular access need they should make this known so the staff of Tremaine Green cottages can offer factual information on the cottages and grounds, from which the enquirer can best assess if we suit their needs.